- Mattermost: An open-source chatting tool, so you can easily connect with clients, editors, publicists, or anyone on your author street team. Compatible with Slack.
- Freelance Hourly Rate Calculator: To help you figure out what you should charge, taking into account your salary goal for the year, vacation time, and more.
- Workflowy: A notebook where you can easily keep lists. Good for brainstorming.
- My Life Organized: A to-do list. For Windows only.
- Todoist: A to-do list online. Gives you karma points for finishing tasks.
- Wunderlist: Another to-do list.
- Hemingway App: Great tool to use as a first pass for copyediting.
- Hemingwrite Typewriter: A prototype that blends the romance of writing on a typewriter with technology (syncs with Evernote, Google Docs, and Dropbox.)
- The Self Publishing Checklist: A handy checklist compiled by Jane Friedman to help with the editing, design, and proofing process.
And if that’s not enough, All Indie Writers has a long list of resources for blogging, marketing, tracking, and more.
And Elite Daily has a list of gadgets that can help you with life in general, such as a bulb that dims to help you sleep, a pen that lets you write on any screen, a tool that helps you prioritize your emails, and more.